ShareThis

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Gluten-Free Coconut Cupcakes


So, I only had a few moments to whip these out.  Thankfully, my mom had given me a gluten-free mix that she had had on hand in Oregon for MeiLan (my gluten-intolerant third child).  The brand is: Pamela's Products and it is the Classic Vanilla Cake Mix.  Also at the last minute, I remembered that my mom said she didn't care for the mix by itself - it was a little dry.  Soooo, in un-packing, I remembered that I had collected a ton of shredded coconut and cans of coconut milk!  There was a suggestion for a coconut version of this mix, so I just started dumping and was happy to get rid of some of the excess in the pantry!  The result was a very delicious, moist, and creamy cupcake!  MeiLan's eyes went very large as she tasted the sweet goodness!

So this is what I mixed:

Pamela's Classic Vanilla Cake Mix
Large can of Coconut Milk (about 10 oz.)
4 large eggs
1/3 cup of butter
1/2 tsp. orange flavoring
FOLD IN: 2 cups (or more) shredded coconut

You can bake this in any Flexipan, but for MeiLan I prefer to bake in the mini-muffin tray and only fill the cups about 2/3 full.  Bake at 325 F for about 15 min. (or less).  Don't forget to use the Perforated Baking Sheet before baking!


This was such a hit in our entire family that I have to re-stock the pantry with coconut!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis

Receive Recipes & Specials via Email

join our mailing list
* indicates required

Followers: