- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 5 eggs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
- In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. Pour into a round mold, tilting to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
- In the mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in condensed and evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour into caramel coated pan.
- Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, until center is just set. Cool one hour on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight.